Jennie Hegarty from Leatherhead in Surrey has told us what she has learned about Bolognese and in particular Fizz who arrived in her family a few months ago.
- They dance on their hind legs when happy
- They don’t just jump they prance like miniature deer
- They collect and wear all sorts of foliage which they entwine into their coat by the end of the walk
- They smile – they make me smile
- Fizz washes very delicately between my toes holding my foot down with her paw
- She is a danger to herself as she likes to be close to all the action therefore toenail cutting is a thing of the past (my toenails !) as she likes to put her nose too close to the nail scissors
- After I have cleaned her face, she takes a long drink of water, finds a mole hill and pushes her nose neatly into the soft moist earth deposited by the mole ensuring her face is nice and black covered in soil!
- She is very vocal and advises me once she has ‘wee’d’ on the carpet rather than before the event
- She is great fun and I believe rather clever…..
If you would like to share your experiences of the breed, email us on email@example.com